Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pretzels!

Today was one of those days where I had to eat everything! I was desperate for pretzels and we live in the middle of nowhere, which means I had to make them! They're super easy to make, so I got right to it! Here's the recipe! 


(Notice I tried many shapes before deciding to just make pieces!)


Ingredients
- 1 packet of Active Yeast
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBS baking soda
- melted butter for brushing
- sea salt

1. Put the yeast in 1/4 cup water until it is bubbly
2. Mix the yeast, remaining water, flour, and brown sugar. After it is mixed cover the bowl with a warm wet towel for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 475 and boil water with 1 TBS baking soda
4. Roll the dough into strips and cut them into 1 inch sections, then place each piece in the boiling water for 10-15 seconds.
5. Place the pieces on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and brush on melted butter, sprinkle sea salt on the pieces and bake for approximately 12 minutes. 






ENJOY!


Sadly, the pretzels are already gone =/  But, they're so easy I may make more tomorrow =)

S

No comments:

Post a Comment