Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New year...

    I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! We sure did! We spent Christmas Eve with my husband's family and Christmas Day with mine. The boys loved their prizes and had fun seeing everyone. The parents (ME) ate wayyyy too much food and got wayyy too little sleep! I stayed up until 1:30am getting everything together and making breakfast for everyone. It was such a great day though, I would stay up for it again!

 I hate to admit it, but just three days after the holiday I was ready to "un-deck" the halls. I started taking stuff down, felt guilty and put some back. We cleaned out EVERYTHING! It feels amazing!!! My husband made a huge trash run and "boutique" run (the "still good" tables at the dump). I have another Thred Up bag packed up and ready to go. 2013 was a great year for our family, we were blessed with our second little man! But, we're ready for a fresh start and some exciting things!

  Sooo... 2014!  My resolutions! My list is kinda lengthy! Be a better parent, save money, continue to work on relationships, ditch the iPhone... really, it goes on and on. I feel like the the parenting resolution means doing Two Mama Owls differently. The shop will be taking a break for a bit. I've been contacted by a couple people to work on some things for them and I'm happy to do so. If you need me to come up with something for you feel free to message me and we'll work something out, but the Etsy shop will be on break. After the holiday rush I need to give all my time to my sweet men! On that note, here's some stuff I made for them for Christmas!

Ro-BEAR made without a pattern...I winged it! I made him with my favorite Knit Picks Brava Bulky yarn! I love him! 

I'm really liking writing my own patterns, here's another pattern free accomplishment ;)
I have Thomas, well train obsessed men!

and something we made together for Mamia...
A train tracks painting and embroidery on canvas.

I hope to post tomorrow about my savings plan! I'm pretty excited, maybe more determined than  excited! 
I hope you all enjoy New Year's. 

S




No comments:

Post a Comment