Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pizza night!

My husband hates getting pizza! He complains about every single pizza we get =/ so we almost always make our own. On my quest to make everything I decided pizza dough was something I should make. I food the easiest recipe possible and it is great!

You literally dump everything together, mix and wait! 

Like usual I made my own pizza sauce, which I think is way better than any that I've bought at the store.
(Please ignore the current state of my stove!)

Here's what I use-
1 TBS Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves
1 large can of Organic diced tomatoes
1 TBS dried basil
1 1/2 TBS honey
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 TBS dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
pinch of salt
1 tsp black pepper

-put olive oil in the pan and when hot add the garlic, leave for about 1 min
-add the tomatoes and everything else let simmer for 8-10min
I then like to crush the tomatoes 

The first time I made this was because we were out of sauce, now I make it every time we have pizza!

I forgot to take a pic when it was whole! =/ But, I decided to caramelize some onions and use some frozen cauliflower.

Super easy and super cheap! I still have another ball of dough in the freezer too!

S




2 comments:

  1. Tried this and it was fantastic! Huge hit with the whole family...thanks for the recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete