Friday, May 17, 2013

Chinese Chicken Salad

On Wednesday I made my first whole chicken in the crock pot. I knew I was leaving with the guys in the afternoon so I decided to try it. I just placed the chicken in the crock pot with 1/4C soy sauce, 1/4C honey, Thyme, Basil, Sage, a chopped onion, and a ton of garlic and let it go for 6 hours. It  was delicious! The most exciting part was that the meat completely fell off the bones, but the bones stayed together! I was able to pack up the extra chicken quickly!

This brings us to last night... I had a ton of extra chicken and wanted to make a nice salad. The Barefoot Contessa never lets me down ;) I tried her Chinese chicken salad and we loved it!


You'll need-
Cooked chicken
Olive oil
salt 
pepper
asparagus
red bell pepper
2 scallions
1TBS sesame seeds


For the dressing-
1/3C vegetable oil
1/4C Apple Cider Vinegar
3TBS soy sauce
1tsp dark sesame oil
1TBS honey
1 Garlic clove (chopped)
1tsp ginger (honestly I use the tube)
1/4C peanut butter
1tsp salt
1/2tsp pepper

  • This is slightly modified.

  • -Place cooked, broken up chicken in a bowl
  • -Blanch Asparagus for 2-3 min and then quickly transfer to ice water
  • -slice red pepper
  • -combine all in bowl
  • -mix remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and pour over salad-sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds

  • I served this over a 50/50 blend. It was delicious! Yes, Mr.M did eat it!


  • My morning time by myself is almost alone! Today it was cut short when I noticed Mr.M was awake when I went to head downstairs and he needed cuddles! I did get the most important morning things done (unloaded dishwasher, packed lunch, etc)

  • My morning water with lemon oil was chugged.
  • Berries were washed.
  • Banana chips were put in the oven.
  • and now the day begins!
  • Have good day!
  • S

  • -

No comments:

Post a Comment