Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Clean Eating....maybe?

So we're about 13 days into making everything ourselves (meaning I make everything). My husband and I have each lost 5lbs! Kinda crazy! I'm not exactly sure why because we're not dieting by any means!

I've been reading a lot about clean eating and have realized we're really not that far from it. I do have to admit that I have a nasty one diet soda a day habit that I can't seem to kick =/ Right now I'm working on increasing my water intake and I have already started adding fiber. I feel like some things are starting to feel like more of a habit now and less of a struggle. I have a few pounds of baby weight left to go, but I think I can kick it within the next month, hopefully sooner! I have set a goal for Saturday to be the start of my "regular" running season...we'll see  how that one goes!

On another note, my "stuff" is coming along! I have nearly everything repainted! I just have to do the legs of our kitchen table. Here's a few pictures of my stuff...

This is laminate so I made sure to sand lightly and use a paint with primer. It was ugly barn red with red wooden knobs. I picked a  blue (addicted!) and some black knobs. I finished a few weeks ago and it has stood the test of time with a two year old!

Everything else I sprayed white using Rustoleum high gloss with primer. I did sand first and use Rustoleum primer before because everything was black. When the table is done I'll post another picture.


We've been working on some other fun things around here. Today we started our salt dough alphabet and the other day we made these
I stole the idea from pinterest (not sure where =/), but I used canvases that I had Mr.M paint with acrylics a while back.

I guess I'll finish my order and read a little bit more about clean eating before the Nashville finale =)
Have a great night!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment