Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cherry Brownies

Well, Mother's Day came and went....so yesterday I went back to "work". I moved as fast as humanly possible during nap time to get my stuff for the week made! In two hours I managed to make Honey Oat bread, pretzels, iced tea, pickled eggs, and threw my Chicken Provencal in the crock pot. Like the last time I made them, my pretzels are almost gone already!

I searched and searched for a new bread recipe and settled on a recipe from Lauren's Latest. It was delicious! I'm pretty sure it's the best bread I've ever had!
I highly recommend trying this at home!

Today we hit the grocery store and had tubs at 2:30p! Everyone here seemed antsy, but they're good post-bath!

I just tried a brownie recipe I adapted from "Good & Fresh" magazine and it is wonderful! Who doesn't love chocolate-cherry combo! 

You'll need-
2/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup warm water
3/4 cup organic sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup diced dried cherries

-Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 pan with coconut oil
-melt the coconut oil in the microwave
-Combine everything starting with coconut oil and cocoa powder and mix in a large bowl
-Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 min

Unlike boxed mixes, this really rises...more like cake I guess. Either way they taste great!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment