Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Christmas Mess!

Well, it seems everything is going on at once for us! Between Owl orders, Christmas, having a wild two year old, and only 43 days until my due date I'm going crazy!!! I stay up past 1am every night and then get up with Mr.M in the am =( So I'm pretty tired! I have declared today a PJ day! The weather has helped me decide this!
The snowflakes are really big, but my iPhone camera just doesn't do it justice. (On that note, any camera recommendations??? I'm hoping to purchase one after the holidays, but I know nothing about cameras!?!)



      I've been trying to get everything done and sadly my Christmas crafting has suffered =(
 I'll share what we have managed to accomplish....

 My burlap tree was a hit and I had to make and mail some for friends and family! It was easy, but time consuming for sure!


 My son's felt tree was a hit for the first few days, he seems to have moved on to bigger and better things, it doesn't help that we put this up a week before Thanksgiving!


Baby trees! Trees for the boys! We got these little twig trees from the Arbor Day Foundation at the end of the summer and planted them in little pots. We brought them in to decorate with and when we end up in our forever house they'll go in the ground! Until then they look very seasonal wrapped in a little burlap.


 I finished my burlap and red tree skirt just in time to put up the tree! I worked fast and late to get this done!



Our first real tree! I was super excited! We placed our tree stand in a large galvanized bucket, which is a good idea if you're like me and can't control where you water =) We used colored lights for the first time too. My parents suggested it and said that kids love colored lights and they're only little for a short time, so my style went out the window for a more Mr.M friendly tree!

All of our presents are wrapped and under the tree or HIDDEN away! One week from today! I'm super excited to see Mr.M open his gifts this year =)



So back to watching "snowy Barney", that's what Mr.M calls Barney's Christmas special

PS I have to thank Holly for "managing" my household while I finished up my orders and many Christmas gifts this past weekend! Thanks! Love you!

~S


No comments:

Post a Comment