Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today's the day!

  I'm officially starting up again! First an update! I'm 33 weeks pregnant today, exciting! Baby R's room is nearly complete, I hope to post some pictures and projects from the room in the near future. Brenda and I have been working hard on orders for Two Mama Owls (www.twomamaowls.com). I'm happy to announce  I'm nearly caught up on orders, but I still have many Christmas projects to try and complete in the next thirteen days. =/ I've been figuring out what I want to make for Spring and I have a shipment of yarn on the way!


So my plan is to re-post my most popular entries from my original blog. Here's my #1 most popular, MY STAIRS =)


I absolutely hated my stairs! We had redone the floors, but the stairs weren't exactly "normal" measurements and carpet was just too costly after the remodel we had done. I thought and thought and dreamed about the stairs and then I realized painting them would be the easiest alternative and it only took 3 inexpensive nights!




  • First I sanded the stairs and wiped them down THOROUGHLY! I grabbed some white paint from the basement and went crazy! When I did this part I wasn't sure how wide I would go with the "runner" part so I just painted away!






  • Our stairs have a funky angle at the bottom so some tricky measuring had to take place (thank goodness for my dad). I did buy this paint especially for this project, I went with  Behr floor paint. The floor paint is great because it makes it so it's not slippery at all. I taped off for nice clean line and painted away again. 



  • The last night I did the sides. I measured and taped off the sides. I used leftover paint from the bathroom for this part. 




We LOVE our stairs now! (I have stained the railing since this photo was taken) 




I'm happy to be blogging again! 
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment