Friday, May 10, 2013

Profiteroles!

I'm hoping this will inspire you to make something tasty for Mother's Day! 

The other day I was watching Food Network and the wonderful Ann Burrell was on making a ton of delicious looking things at once! Her dessert was profiteroles! I cannot think of a time that I've had one, but they looked delicious and super easy!

 (this one was for Mr.M, if you can't tell by the Julius plate)

I'm guessing you have everything you need right now!

You'll need-
1/2 cup water
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
pinch of cinnamon
some kind of bag to get the dough on a tray...pastry bag, ziploc bag, whatever

-Preheat your oven to 425
-Bring the water and butter to a boil 
-Add the flour and mix like crazy! Once it becomes a ball move it to a bowl and let it rest 3-5min
-Add eggs one at a time, making sure the first is fully incorporated before adding the second, then add   cinnamon
-Put the dough in your bag and pipe 1 inch circles onto your cookie sheet which should be lined with parchment paper. Pat each circle down and form into shape with a wet finger.

This worked for me, but I did it from memory from Ann Burrell on Food Network.




I used Frozen Greek Yogurt in it and made my chocolate sauce by melting 2/3 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler and adding 2 TBS coconut oil.


They are so good! I ate so much while making these today that I was forced to have salad for dinner =)

What treats are you making for Mother's Day weekend?

S

No comments:

Post a Comment